Thursday, June 29, 2006

Dante Keillor

"Dante says the hottest place in hell is reserved for those who in time of crisis remain neutral, so I have spoken my piece, and thank you, dear reader." *

This morning I got down to the hotel lobby a little early and noted that this hotel had some old books (and they weren't in Sweedish as in a recent Indy hotel visit, but I digress).

As there were books, comfy arm-chairs, and time, I decided to take a look. I found a book titled Human Nature Politics by Graham Wallas.

I noted that this was the third edition and had a copyright of 1922 or 23. The preface indicated that the first edition was written in 1908.

This book's preface notes that some typos have been corrected and the third edition preface has been added. It goes on to note that the first edition statements were (again) substantiated by the initiation of the Great War -- most notably, the people with the means will do what they like at the potential cost of those without the means.

* From Homegrown Democrat: A Few Plain Thoughts From the Heart of America by Garrison Keillor Posted by Picasa

No comments: