Friday, April 14, 2006

Touchdown at 10:04am local (4:04 am Eastern US)



The people on the right are my Go Team", the lady on the left as well as the picture above are mentioned below.

The flight went well -- although 18 hours on a flight is 18 hours.

We landed, got on busses and then headed to our sister church - Charity Church (and briefly saw) Mamelodi. It is interesting, there are "stores" along the street that fix mufflers, wash cars, do hair, sell chickens (I think) and other things I can't think of right now.

Anyway, when we visited the new Hospice and School, we were also able to me A LOT of kids. They loved having their pictures taken and then seeing themselves in the digital preview window. First one would have their picture taken, then another would join, then a whole bunch of them - analogous to seagulls, popcorn, and the beach.

And they were all smiles. One kid about Garrett's age came up to me (the introvert) extended her hand and said "My name is Ichikununo. What is your name?" Did I say that she was maybe 3 1/2 years old! She was something. Actually all of the kids were.

We were visiting the church and they were between some type of service/conference and many people were eating lunch. Lots of Moms and Grand moms. Thinking retrospectively, I don't recall seeing too many Dads or older males. But anyway, the women were also quite nice and welcoming.

Well, that is all for now, we're here. Skies are sunny and the breeze is at our backs.

No comments: